Friday, September 18, 2009

Get Off Public Transportation!

Hi Everyone,
I'm a Wellness Intern and I'm studying abroad in Bordeaux, France this quarter. I wanted to share with you a physical wellness tip that I've discovered since arriving here.

I live quite far away from school, so I have to take a 40 minute tram ride everyday. I decided one day to get off a stop early and walk the rest of the way home, as a way to stretch my legs and to get to know the area I was living in. Walking along the street, I was able to better get to know the town that's now my home until December. I was able to smell the delicious boulangeries (bread and pastry shops), as well as the not so wonderful smelling poissonnerie (fish market), all while getting in my 30 minutes of recommended daily exercise.

Getting off a stop early is an easy way to stay fit and discover the sights and smells of the country you're visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment